Tuesday, March 9, 2010

R.I.P. BIGGIE SMALLS 13TH YEAR ANNIVERSARY

MAY 21ST, 1972-MARCH 9TH, 1997

At first I debated if I should post pics from the actual murder scene... But then I said to myself "Why post the negativity? Why relive that horrible feeling?" To keep it way 100, I'll never forget that night. I remember clearly, I had just turned 12 years and was in the 7th grade. I was on Spring Break and at my uncle's house on Mascher St. in North Philly, it was around 2:11 or 2:15 am when we were up listening to the radio and all of sudden the radio personality stopped and said "omg we just received some sad news, rapper Biggie Smalls was just shot and pronounced dead Cedars-Sinai Medical Center." So i jumped up and screamed into my uncle's room like "ayo Danny yo Biggie Smalls is dead!! He got shot!!" I had already been involved with hip hop for 4 years before his death, as a young child. My Uncles were rappers. He broke down crying, and I shed a tear. I had every Biggie Smalls cd at that time, and was a fan at 12 years old. He was one of my biggest influences. I wish the Lox would've dropped their first album under Bad Boy to feature BIG all crazy. They dropped Money, Power, & Respect a year later, Jan 13th 1998. Chart topper too! I have too many opinions about this situation, so I will just let the dead rest in peace. We can go on forever with conspiracy theories. Im angry about that so I decided not to post these documentaries, news clippings, or investigation articles. Biggie Smalls was one of the greatest rapper of all times. Rest In Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment